Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Fourth Day Of Christmas

Today was a Bah Humbug day by me! Here is the long story :) We had planned on going to see Santa with Lily, Jake, and Jenn, but Lily wouldn't wake up after her long flight (jet lag). So Jake called me at like ten to four, so we set out on our own. I got to South Towne at like 4:15 only to find out that Santa was taking a break till 5:15, so we went to look around. I got some new shoes (actually 3 pairs) and Ethan threw an absolute conniption fit, the kind where everyone in the store is looking at you like you SUCK at being a Mom. The kid can throw an awesome tantrum, but my philosophy is to ignore him. He was on the floor kicking and screaming, telling me he HATES me! I swear this kid may be the death of me, well I told him I was leaving him there to find a new Mom who he doesn't hate, at which point he clung to my leg screaming NO, I love you....... I was going to just go home at that point, but Kylie was being so good and she started to cry when I told her Santa was going to be a no go. Ethan promised me he would be good, and we went to get in line about 20 minutes before Santa was off break. Yes, well the line at that point was like the one you see on A Christmas Story, it was all the way into JCPenney. Needless to say, when the lady told me it was a two hour wait, I was gone. Bry said he would go with me before work tomorrow. Kylie told me she must go, or Santa will not know what she wants for Christmas and may bring her boy stuff :) She is the only reason I am going back, and Ethan minds Bryan for some reason. I honestly have tried everything with this kid, even if you swat his bum he just comes back swinging! I am not sure if I can have another child, I would only be able to do it if Heavenly Father promised me one with the Kylie temperament not Ethan's.

No comments: