Wednesday, February 4, 2009
1 In Every 3 Americans
Have you heard of the new study out that shows that 1 in every 3 Americans is over weight? In the past if a woman had some meat on her it told the world she had money now it says the opposite. I have been dieting or should I say trying to eat healthier. When I purchased my new healthier lifestyle at the grocery store it cost me about $60 dollars over what I usually spend at the grocery store. I try to stick to a strict budget on grocery shopping. I now am certain that I know one reason why the above statistic is true, you can't be a thrifty spender and buy healthy food. I love fresh fruit and a small tiny container of raspberries was over $3 and that was at Walmart. Not to mention berries are highly perishable so they only last me like 3days. I think I may have to start getting them frozen, which may take away some of the nutritional value. I am just complaining I know ;) I am determined to get in shape, and get my kids eating healthy alternatives as well as myself. I sat down with some grapes as a little snack yesterday and I had like 4 grapes; Kylie and Ethan ambushed me and ate them faster then I would have ever thought possible, do kids chew? I was however glad to see them down something healthy instead of the usual request for tooties from Ethan. Here's to a healthier year, and probably a little bit more expensive one at the store! I hope to be looking and feeling better about myself by this summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment