Ethan Then (2 mos. old)
Why does it seem like only yesterday I was watching or taking these pictures? My kids are getting big way too fast!!! Kylie will be starting her new primary class on Sunday, and Ethan is on his way to being a big boy faster then I can accept! He will be getting a big boy bed in about another month! No more babies :( Life moves so fast, and I feel like I'm not taking advantage of every moment possible with my kids. I wish I were a funner Mom! I felt like with just Kylie it was easier to get down and play and leave tasks till naptime (well she did take at least a 3 hour nap) with Ethan I'm lucky to have a half hour to get anything done on my own ;) I feel if I neglect one thing then I just neglect another. If I don't have the house picked up Bry chews me out, but if I clean and get stuff done Ethan gets really clingly and whines a lot. When Ethan is clingy Kylie feels left out, and when I give her attention Ethan assaults her! Why can't I be two or three places at once? Don't get me wrong I don't want to sound like I am whining! I consider myself lucky to even get to be with my kids everyday and not work. This is just a post out into the void, where my thoughts can freely wander.....
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Only Yesterday
Ethan Then (2 mos. old)
Why does it seem like only yesterday I was watching or taking these pictures? My kids are getting big way too fast!!! Kylie will be starting her new primary class on Sunday, and Ethan is on his way to being a big boy faster then I can accept! He will be getting a big boy bed in about another month! No more babies :( Life moves so fast, and I feel like I'm not taking advantage of every moment possible with my kids. I wish I were a funner Mom! I felt like with just Kylie it was easier to get down and play and leave tasks till naptime (well she did take at least a 3 hour nap) with Ethan I'm lucky to have a half hour to get anything done on my own ;) I feel if I neglect one thing then I just neglect another. If I don't have the house picked up Bry chews me out, but if I clean and get stuff done Ethan gets really clingly and whines a lot. When Ethan is clingy Kylie feels left out, and when I give her attention Ethan assaults her! Why can't I be two or three places at once? Don't get me wrong I don't want to sound like I am whining! I consider myself lucky to even get to be with my kids everyday and not work. This is just a post out into the void, where my thoughts can freely wander.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Welcome to life for real moms!! I feel either my kids or my house get neglected and although I know it should be my house more often I know my kids deserve FAR more of my attention. That is one thing (out of many) that I plan to work on.
Dear Bryan,
Don't ever chew out a mom for having a messy house.
Ever.
That is all.
Brittany
Amen. Sometimes it;s just hard. It feels like there is so much to do, and sometimes I feel as if I'm not doing any of it well. Thank goodness for all the good days and happy moments that help refuel and recharge us! We need to play soon. And I agree with Brit:)
Great photos of your kids! Well-done blog....
I'm a friend of the Knotwells....
Post a Comment