Monday, January 5, 2009
Only the Lonely
So some of you might know that Ethan does not care for nursery too much! Well he has been staying the last two weeks, but not enjoying it as I hoped he would. Of course the moment I leave I hear him pounding on the door and screaming :( After they settle him down he stays, but sits by himself :( Bry walked in to pick him up yesterday and he was sitting in the corner by his lonesome chewing on his shirt sleeve looking sad as could be. My friend stayed in there with her little boy and says that Ethan is good, he just looks so depressed and unhappy! Well after we get him home, he won't let me leave his sight! Last night he woke up terrified screaming "MOM" and I do mean screaming!!!! I finally put him in bed with me to calm him down. He clung to me like glue, his arms were wrapped so tightly around me, that if I shifted he sat straight up and laid right on top of me. Today has been no better he cries when I get up to do anything, and is really clingy! He keeps hugging me and sitting by me (where he then puts his are around my back, like a guys would) Most of the time he is my little spitfire, and never sits still with me for two seconds. Last week I asked him for a kiss, and he smacked me in the face so hard it made my nose bleed! I feel so bad that he is taking it so hard! He thinks I am abandoning him, I hope it ends soon, it's breaking my heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Stockton had/has a hard time too. it's so sad. I hope it gets better soon. looks like you had a really fun christmas!
That's so sad that he's having a hard time in nursery. Nicky had a really rough time until he was about 21 months old. I think a lot of it had to do with the way the nursery was managed (in addition to the attachment issues that come with 18 month olds). We got a new primary president, and she changed the nursery schedule and divided the kids into two classes. It has been wonderful except that Nicky cries when I come pick him up because he doesn't want to leave nursery now.
I'll be in your ward for ward conference in February! I'm in the Stake RS Presidency now.
Cougar had a hard time at first, too, but things are improving. I agree that it has A LOT to do with the way things are run but also the dynamic of the other kids. It will get better as he gets to know the other kids and interact with the nursery workers. Perhaps you could mention it to the Nursery leader that maybe a little extra attention would help - it's easy for them to get "lost" if there is a big group. The ones who aren't complaining can be left to their own devices at times while they manage those who are struggling.
That is so sad. It breaks my heart to hear that he just sits in the corner by himself, that doesn's sound like Ethan. I hope it gets better for him, you may have to stay in there with him for awhile until he warms up to the idea of nursery.
~Jill
Post a Comment