Monday, February 7, 2011

Teacher, I Appreciate You!

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! Well, it is at Kylie's school anyways ;) I was in charge of the door this year, and had planned on taking a picture for blogging purposes yet it didn't happen! Go figure, things never seem to go as I plan them. I did the door with this saying "Ms. Brasher, Thanks for helping us BLOOM! I had a big old sunshine and a watering can spraying some big poofy flowers in spring grass. On each water droplet had a kid in the classes name. It turned out really cute. I walked through the halls and saw that some moms had seriously got a piece of poster board and wrote THANK YOU on it. It made me sad :( The PTA lets you use the teacher supply room to get the large colored roll papers and stuff, so it can't be about the cost. I know the doors take more time then you think, I seriously took 7 hours to do mine. I just think teachers are under paid in this state so put some effort in when you can to show them you appreciate it right? Anyways, sorry for my little rant. Today is also the day I go help out in Kylie's classroom so I went and got Ms. Brasher some flowers too. It was funny walking into the school today. All the secretaries and teachers I met on my path to her room oohed and aahed and said how lucky she was. When I walked in her classroom she even asked me who they were for? LOL, I am always so happy when something so simple makes someone so shocked and happy. She is a wonderful teacher and I am so happy Kylie has been in her classroom this year! Thanks Ms. Brasher, and all the other teachers out there :)

No comments: