Wednesday, January 26, 2011

YO HO, YO HO

Okay, Okay anybody who really knows me knows that I am a bit of a pre-planner. Yep, I can't stand things being thrown together at the last minute. I am definitely not a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal, I need time to prepare! For instance I am usually done Christmas shopping by mid-November, and we started planning Kylie's birthday party and the beginning of last year :) I know you may think I am weird, but it actually causes me anxiety to wait till the last minute. I actually get pretty panicked if I am late somewhere. So I've learned I just need to plan early to alleviate the stress :) So what am I planning now? A PIRATE BIRTHDAY party for May!!!!! Yay! Don't judge me too harshly, Spring is going to be CRAZY this year!!!! Kylie has dance competitions up the wazoo in April and May. My baby brother is getting married in May, and guess who's doing pictures and has to look in a dress cuz I'm in the line? Me that's who! So I've got a lot on my plate and don't want Ethan to suffer for it ;) I actually only allow my kids to have actual birthday parties every other year, so we are on the schedule of every even year for both of them :) Each alternating year we just do something fun as a family with them. I think it helps them appreciate them a little more and makes them a little more memorable! So If I have PIRATES on the brain for the next few months excuse me, but it's a Pirate's life for me ;) (please excuse the cheese)

No comments: