Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Twelve Days of Christmas

I have decided to do the Twelve Days of Christmas with my kids this year, with an activity, project, or gift each day. I am starting on the 13th of December and going till the 24th (Christmas Eve). I will hopefully help them to be not so anxious for that special night, and give the kids and I some fun Mommy and Me time. Here is what I have planned since a few people asked what I would be doing. It's not too exciting, but here you go anyway! 1st day- Christmas Stories and Slumber Party -- (We will be reading our favorite Christmas books and then Grandma has asked to have the kids over for a real slumber party!) 2nd day- Gingerbread Fun -- (We will be decorating gingerbread houses and probably eating more decorations than we should!) 3rd day- Can you spot the Elves? -- (We will be going to Gardner Village to see Santa's little helpers and hopefully get some fun photos!) 4th day- BINGO -- (We are going to have a rousing game of Christmas Bingo!!!) 5th day- O Christmas Tree -- (We will be doing an art project making a Christmas tree with cut outs of our hands for branches!) 6th day- On to the Theater -- (We will be going to a matinee movie at the theater! Candy and popcorn are a must!) 7th day- All wrapped up! -- (We will be wrapping and delivering all our neighbor gifts!) 8th day- Old Classic Fun -- (We will spend the day watching all the old classic Christmas movies!) 9th day- A Saviour is Born -- (We will be discussing the true meaning of the season, and learning the Nativity Story) 10th day- Warm Me Up -- (Hot cocoa anyone? Yes we will be going out for some hot cocoa and maybe a little treat while we're at it!) 11th day- Cookies For Santa -- (Yes, just as it says we will be decorating and making yummy cookies to leave out for the following night!) 12th day- Visions of Sugar Plumbs -- (Well it's the final day and Christmas Eve so we will top off our night opening Christmas P.J.'s! Well that's our activities and I hope to post with fun pictures EVERYDAY! Wish me luck, and stay tuned for more holiday fun!!!

4 comments:

Christin said...

Sounds like fun!

Rob & Bri said...

I like this idea- the 12 days of Christmas in reverse! (Since the 12 days are actually counting from Christmas to Jan. 6th- Epiphany, or 3 Kings Day, when they finally got done following the star to Bethlehem.)
I think you have great activities planned. Have you thought of letting the kids decorate a birthday cake for Jesus? The kids here love the birthday party for Jesus that we throw and helps us remember the Reason for the Season.

Cheyenne and Seth and Co. said...

That is awesome, I love it!! And you added some fun ideas to my list! I'm so glad that the holidays are here!!!

Kari said...

What a fun list!! I know your kids will absolutely love all of the fun activities! Our month will be nowhere near as organized but we will be spending 4 days at Disneyland and going to the American Girl Doll Store!!!