So I was actually sent this as an email, but thought it was easier and more fun just to post it! It is baby names you like, and why you chose the ones you did!
Kylie---- Well I liked a lot of names for little girls, but it was so hard for Bryan to agree on any of them!!! (Olivia, Lizzy, Tilly, and Zoe) He didn't like any of them so I went and bought a baby name book with meanings of names and where they come from! I of course read just about every name in the book, but when I came upon Kylie it stuck out! Not because it is so very popular, but because of where it came from and what it means. Kylie is an Australian name (were most of you know Bry served his mission), but best of all it means "Boomerang," in Aboriginy. I told Bry and that was the only name he would even consider after that! I know Kylie is a pretty popular name, but it has so much more meaning to us and especially for Bry.
Ethan---- Okay this one was so hard for me!!! Some how I always get over ruled by Bryan!!! I liked so many other names besides this one, but Bryan did NOT!!! I loved (Sawyer, Dallon, Jackson, Fenton, and Wesley) Bry hated every single one!!! Ethan is as you know like the 1st or 2nd most popular boy name of the last like five years. Don't get me wrong I really do think it is a cute name, just every other boy in school will have it too! That is why I stuck my foot down and gave him the middle name James! I used to have a little boy in our neighborhood named EJ and I liked it. Bry refuses to call him this! However, when Ethan goes to school and there are about 4 other boys in his class named this, he can opt to be called EJ and Bry will be forced into it!!!!
So if you always wondered why I chose such mainstream names, there you have it, it's all Bry's fault!!! LOL.... I told him if we have another, I for sure get to choose the name all myself with no input from him! He says that's fine since we're not having any more, but we'll see!! I tag (Tiff, Whit, Jill, Haley, and Kari) Please do this I love hearing the reasons why people chose their names!!!
1 comment:
I think that meanings behind names are important and I think Kylie is a good, strong Austrailian name and fun for Bryan. Ethan is very cute too. But I agree if you have more you get to pick the name! :) Fun post!
Post a Comment