Monday, November 29, 2010

A Harry Potter Birthday

Well here it finally is ;) Images from Kylie's Harry Potter Birthday Party!!!! I will give you a little rundown as well as tell you how I did some of my stuff :) The kids came in (enter my front door with a platform 9 3/4 sign, sorry no picture) and waited to be sorted by the sorting hat. I got the hat through Amazon and it actually had a hidden pocket inside for us to put a phone in. So yes, the sorting hat talked :) It sorted each child into their house: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. After we went right to the great hall for a feast. We used gold tableware just like in the Harry Potter books, and had floating candles hanging from the ceiling (which looked like the night sky). My floating candles were made out of toilet paper rolls, white cardstock, and some yellow tissue paper. The feast had a few yummy treats from Harry Potter as well as some of my own creations :) We had pumpkin pasties (from the HP books), canary creams aka.... twinkies(also from the HP books), golden snitches (my own creation), and Dumbledore cakes (also my own creation). To make sure they got some substance I also made some sandwiches. Then we played some games, and watched a small part of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Before leaving each child was given a bag and got to go to Honeydukes for some candy :) I made chocolate frogs out of green candy melts. I got large gumballs in the house colors for Droobles Best Blowing gum. I got bean boozled jelly beans (formally known as bertie botts) for the Bertie Botts every flavor beans. I used rock candy suckers to make my Sugar Quills, and just twizzlers for my Licorice Wands. My cockroach clusters are hershey's nuggets with wrappers I designed using a template. Pumpkin juice is actually just orange soda, and the butterbeer is cream soda. I designed the candy tags in photoshop and used free photoshop brushes for the backgrounds. I seriously just googled cockroach ps brushes etc and downloaded them :) I used some templates from IKaridesigns (find her stuff at www.jessicasprague.com) to make the nugget wrappers, drink wrappers, and picks for the sandwiches. She is my sister in law and she makes digital hybrid products easy :) I got the nugget wrappers and drink wrappers printed at Alphagraphics, they have the coolest sticky back paper!!!! It saves load of time and tape :) That pretty much sums up Kylie's Harry Potter party :) If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

10 comments:

Anna said...

Everything looked wonderful! Now I want a Harry Potter birthday party!

Stacey said...

Very cute Kattrina!

LoriAlbrecht said...

Way cute!!

Christin said...

Wow, this is amazing!

unange14 said...

Morgan had so much fun! You are hired to decorate for our next birthday party :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....will you throw me a party? Way to go above and beyond mom!!!

Miss Deja said...

This is awesome! Where did you get the glass containers for candy. I want to do something similar for my wedding. You are brilliant!

Unknown said...

I got them at Michael's actually :)

candice and tom said...

wow!!!! is all i can say! what an awesome birthday party! you are one fun mama! super cute! hope all is well

Kari said...

Great details!! None of it makes sense to me since I haven't read the books, but I'm sure the details were spot on and Kylie loved it!! Fun to see my templates used be someone else, too ;)