Sunday, September 26, 2010

What Were You Thinking?

Okay this happened about 2 weeks ago, but I want it written down so I don't forget ;) I was working at the computer (a norm at my house) and the kids where in Kylie's room. They were messing around and all of a sudden I hear a loud BAM! I run in (not too far since the computer is right by her door) and see her shelf wall waiters and all ripped from the wall!!!! I yelled (of course), What the heck happened? Kylie informs me she was just hanging from her shelf like a monkey bar! My beautiful walls (I painted only a few months ago) now need to be patched and painted (whoopee). Since I am the handy one at our house it will have to wait for me to gain a spare minute where Ethan is not too close by. What can I say, that kid and open paint scares the day lights out of me. Which reminds me! Did I tell you all about my mishap while painting Kylie's room? I got it all done and was just touching up (standing on a chair) and I miss stepped. I fell off the back of the chair, and the white paint when flying! It landed on the carpet right by her door, and an adult pity party ensued. I bawled like a one year old and screamed over and over NO, NO, NO, not my carpet! Yep, as if my carpet was the only thing in the world that mattered at that very moment! But who can afford to replace carpet, certainly not me! I got my head together a bit (still sobbing mind you) and started working fast. I had Kylie filling cups of HOT water and I began pouring it over the paint mess instantly! Then I would put a towel down and begin soaking up the gunk. Luckily this worked! I may have gone through like twenty towels, but it worked. Luckily I had borrowed my parents industrial strength carpet cleaner to clean other carpets in my house. So I ran down grabbed it and worked that magic over it a few times as well. I am happy to say you'd never guess that I was a lunatic paint spiller for a day. The carpet looks like all the rest (huge sigh of relief). Needless to say there are a few ceiling spots that need some touch up, but I'm still a little shaken up about my horrific experience that they will have to wait for another time. Or I'll just talk Bry into some crown moulding in the kids' rooms ;D So there you have it! Maybe my kids get their brief moments of pure STUPIDITY from me, we definitely know where the tantrums come from :)

No comments: