Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Facebook and I are personally taking a step back............
I have decided that on a personal level Facebook and I are having a break up! I mostly use if for business purposes and that is what I intend to continue using it for. If you want to know what's going on personally you'll have to just check here or call me. If we are that good of friends or family you will probably know because I talk to you. I am getting rid of 90% off my friends list, not because I don't think we're friends, but I am just not going to be using Facebook on a personal level. I only kept people that Facebook is one of the only places I communicate with them through. Hope no one takes it personally, but I'm not living in a world where that is easy to do. So if you hate me for it you probably really hated me long before that. I am a firm believer that the internet and social media do just as much damage as it does good. I saw a story about FB bullying the other day and thought, "90% of these bulliers (not a real word but you get it) would probably not say these things to the persons face, they wouldn't have the guts!". I post 90% of the same stuff on my personal and business page so it is basically the same. I sat back last week and saw that I had posted about my kids Halloween costumes. Wow, like anybody really cares but me and like two people! I started reading other people's post and thought wow you ran today or wow you slept in, but who cares? Nobody really but ourselves. That is why I keep this blog because it is like a journal. So I keeping the personal end of things here and using facebook for what I really use it for. When I go on there I look and business stuff and then go look and deals and cool stuff from vendors. I probably seem like a jerk, but I hardly ever check to see if it was someones birthday or look and what they recently posted. Sometimes it makes me mean too! I mean some folks post way too much information for the masses :) Then I find myself thinking badly of them. It is a never ending cycle of if I hadn't had saw that on facebook I wouldn't have had that mean thought about someone. I am sure there have been people who look at mine and think why the crap do I care what her kids are going to be for Halloween! No kidding you shouldn't, it isn't healthy for us all to know so much useless information about each other. I'm not even sure my blogging is healthy, but about 20 people might look at that. Oh well, if you think I'm crazy that's your peragative. I am off to worry about more important things, like making a car rug :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I did this a few months back too, I only have 80 friends and at least 50 of those are family members! I ultimately decided that I didn't like that I was thinking about what someone said on FB, good or bad, because my mind has more important things to be focused on :)
Exactly! I am glad I'm not the only one :)
I totally agree. The people that really drive me crazy are the ones that talk about their kids breaking this or getting into that. If you weren't on FB every half hour posting about it maybe it wouldn't happen. Haha, you're not the only one.
Post a Comment