Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The End


More countdowns at Widgia.com Look at this nifty little widget I found for the nerd inside of me! Of course Harry Potter's journey will never end for me, because I love reading them at least once every year ;) It is really and end though...... to something that has spanned a large portion of my life this far. I fell in love with Harry, Ron, and Hermione when I was 15 years old. My little brother had started reading the books to improve his reading, and he and my Mom would read them out loud every night. I remember coming in the room one evening to tell my Mom something (and actually waited for her to take a pause before interrupting, so not like me in my teenage years). I became intrigued and wanted to read them for myself (not at their slow pace either). So I borrowed the book and was done in like two days! Lucky for me at that point books 1-3 had already been released, so I didn't have to wait at that point to read the books. I did have a pretty long gap for the fourth though. I was a teenager going to high school, doing Dance Co., and working a part time job. I remember being so tired the week it came out, because I had stayed up half the night reading. Book 4 was way longer then the other books had been, but I got it done in 4 days (pretty amazing considering I had no time to read). At this time the first movie had debuted as well, the second coming only a year later. They had started bringing the magic on the pages to life! I remember watching the castle and characters and thinking, yes they fit! I had been mis-pronouncing Hermione and Hagrid's names :) Oops ;) The next book came out a few months after Bryan and I had got married. He waited in line for me at Media Play (wow, that takes me back), until I could arrive and join him in the insanely long line!!! I got home about midnight and started reading! The third movie came out around the same time, and it was a big change from the first two, but I liked it. The humor of Ron really started to show from the books (I am very fond of his humor) Yikes, I am such a dork ;) Book six graced me once again several months after my beautiful baby girl had arrived :) A year after that the fourth movie arrived, this one I made a big mistake of re-reading the book before the movie! I hated that movie! After that I had to take a deep breath and re-read one through 6 in order. Turned out they were all a tad off ;) I learned to accept the movies as one thing and the books, well no one can come close to touching the DETAIL in the books. Movie 5 was released and I couldn't go to it right away because I had just had my bouncing baby boy! I finally (two months after he was born) asked Bryan if he minded me going to a late night movie. So I went by myself on the day the 7th book was released :) I got out of the movie and it was 15 minutes till midnight...... so what the heck right? I headed to Walmart and got in line! I sat and talked about the book with two 10 year old boys and their Dad while I waited (seriously the one kid guessed the ending to a T). Yes, once again major nerd alert! *Okay a little off subject, but anytime I go to things like this I end up talking to children!?! It is so weird... I went to Eclipse opening night at a theater without assigned seating ( trust me NEVER AGAIN!). I was there hanging out with my cousins and Mom for 6 hours before the movie ( I said NEVER AGAIN so stop gawking!) While I'm sitting there some 10 year old girl walks up and starts chatting me up about the books. LOL, trust me at the end I was giggling a bit. She left wanting to read more then the Twilight saga (which she had claimed nothing could be as good as, OH I couldn't allow a young reader to believe that) I think she left with an extensive book list ;) I don't even know how she started talking to me! I have been many other places where children feel comfortable just coming up and talking to me, I guess I seem trust worthy ;) Okay back on subject, the books were now complete. I had my ending with tears and happiness (very in depth I learn something new every time I re-read it) Anyways it was finished...... :( The movies were all I had left to see what they would make of them. Movie six was pretty good (except for the end). Seven part one was fantastic! (I know a lot of people think it was a tad dull, but it is pretty close to the depressive state of the seventh book) . Now part 2 comes out in a few months and I will have no more Harry Potter mania to look forward to :( So sad! Are you sick of my nerd fest yet? LOL, I am excited to see the Hunger Games put into movies too though. I just saw that the girl from True Grit is going to be Katniss and I am extremely excited! Now that you know what a core geek I am I don't have to hide it any longer ;)

No comments: