Here we go again, my 12 days of Christmas has become a loved tradition for my kids at our house. I try to add a few new things in every year, mixed with some old favorites too :) So here we go!
*I go from the 13th to Christmas Eve (Christmas day is already jammed with goodness)
1st Day- "A Christmas Story"-- We will be getting out all our favorite Christmas books and reading them, don't forget your jingle bell for Polar Express :)
2nd Day- "Carve the Roast Beast"-- We are going to have a special dinner (I haven't decided if it will be out or in)
3rd Day- "Starry Starry Night"-- We will be getting our artist on and creating a craft! I am doing it on canvas this year so we can put it up every Christmas :)
4th Day- "Twinkle, Twinkle little Night"-- We will go and see the LIGHTS!
5th Day- "Holly Jolly"-- Some silly elves at good old Gardner Village will be fun to visit.
6th Day- "Oh Holy Night"-- A night of studying our scriptures and discussing the true meaning of the Christmas season :)
7th Day- "Life is Like a Box of Chocolates"-- this is new......I am getting a big box of chocolates and we are going to have some laughs trying each one--- with a garbage near by to spit out the yucky ones ;)
8th Day- "Pretty Presents with Ribbons & Bows"-- We will be making and handing out our neighbor gifts.
9th Day- "With Chutes & Ladders There Arose Such a Clatter"-- LOL, just a fun family game night!
10th Day- "Holiday Happiness"-- This is our movie night, I'm sure A Christmas Story and some hot cocoa will be involved :)
11th Day- "Visions of Sugar Plumbs"-- We will be making cookies for Santa Claus (it is Christmas eve eve you know)
12th Day- "Twas the Night Before Christmas"-- This is pretty traditional, the kids will get their first gift of Christmas matching Pj's! (I already got them, blue penguins!)
Well that is our 12 days of Christmas plans this year! It may seem silly to some, but we have a great time doing it! I hope you all have a fun Holiday season! I am counting down the days for yummy turkey dinner and holiday trinkets and trees :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Sounds fun!
Post a Comment