Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Chapters

It's times like these that I wonder where years of my life have gone! Sometimes if feels like I am living in fast forward, I blinked and things have completely changed! Kylie started Kindergarten yesterday, and I want to know where my baby girl has gone. She loved it of course, and is so thrilled that she gets to go EVERYDAY!!! She keeps checking in with me to make sure she gets to for sure go again tomorrow ;) I love that she loves school! It just makes me feel old when I can remember myself in Kindergarten as if it were yesterday, and now I have my own child in Kindergarten! When we dropped her off yesterday I teared up, but never could have prepared myself for Ethan's reaction...... he screamed as if someone was torturing him!!! Yes, he bawled because he wanted to go too!!! Then the whole time she was gone asked when we could go an get her :) At least I know my kids really love each other, right? Kylie also will be trying out for a new competition team this week. She has been a Pixie for the last two years, and will now be trying out to move up to the Babes! Yikes, I also remember trying out every year to see if it would be my year to advance and be cool like the older girls ;) Now my baby girl is doing it! Have 26 (almost 27) years of my life really passed this quickly. It scares me to think that I may blink and may have grandchildren doing these things.... Ethan himself is up for a new chapter in just a month! He is starting preschool! It seems that Kylie just started and now Ethan is! I know he will be in excellent hands, but he's my actual baby! I don't have anymore after him :( Trust me I have been pestering Bryan like crazy that I am not ready to have no one at home with me :( I want at least one more!!! When big milestones like this happen, I always look back. I am shooting several weddings this month, and I keep going back to Bryan and I's engagement in August 8 years ago! I will have been married 8 years in February. I am far from being a newly wed, and closer to meeting a 10 year milestone! One of the brides is 19 and says people keep telling her she is too young to get married. Well, I was 19 and nobody looks and me as too young anymore. Now I am one of the older people. Change happens all of the time, whether we are ready or not! I am trying to embrace these new chapter head on and see what they bring with them! Hopefully new wonderful and exciting memories ;)

No comments: