Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hippity Hoppity Update

Okay so Easter is tomorrow, and it is time for our monthly update :) Yay, for no one but me right? Anyways we had such a blast in Disneyland a few weeks back, except for some minor meltdowns from Ethan :) Bry has a few more weeks of school, and then is taking the summer off, hopefully! It is always nice to see him a bit more around here. I am getting back into the swing of things now that spring is arriving and business is picking up again. I love the change of seasons and can't wait to be taking pictures in some nice warm weather for a change. Bry and I have been working out religiously, he has lost thirteen pounds, and I have gained five!!! What is that about? I have been lifting a bit and doing the P90X ab ripper x, but come on! It is really disheartening :( Kylie had her first dance competition of the season today, and her team took first! She was the best in Disneyland and really soaked it all in! She is really helpful lately, and is the best little girl! Her teacher started sending home reading materials (I think I forgot to report, but she was testing 100% on the preschool test, so they gave her the kindergarten one and she is already scoring at 72% and hasn't even started yet!),so she has begun reading :) She is a smarty pants and so far is doing pretty good! Ethan has become worst then ever! If you ever get to see one of his public temper tantrums (in the middle of the store) you are in for seriously an amazing treat. He screams, throws himself on the floor, and basically melts down! It doesn't help to walk away from him because he won't follow anymore!!! He'll stay rooted to the spot screaming his lungs out. Does anyone want him? I seriously have tried just about everything, but nothing has worked!! Please say this is a phase that will pass :( He is either an angel or the devil, there is no in between for him. My Mom bought him a book today about expressing our anger, so hopefully he will take some tips from it. Truthfully I think he is too smart for his own good, and is spoiled rotten! Bry calls him the best form of birth control there is! We would probably have another if they could have Kylie's temperament! What to do, what to do :( Well that is about if from our home front at the moment!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kattrina, You probably have tried this but he may be acting out to get attention. Praise him when he does what he is suppose to do and look for the good things he does. We are happy about Kylie's reading. We love you all.

Anonymous said...

In school they tell us: ignore annoying but harmless behavior. I have a hard time with my (at times) wild 2 year old because I forget this. Once she looked at me, threw a whole bucket of crayons on the floor and just stood there. I ignored her, came back to her a few minutes later asked her kindly to clean up and she did! She never threw crayons again (where as she did it daily before I ignored it) ANYWAY I have learned through school and personally it works. If he is not hurting you, himself, others or breaking something of value... IGNORE IT. also love the positive reinforcement. :) good luck!

Jill Knotwell said...

Super Nanny?