Friday, February 19, 2010
Skinny Girl
Have you ever seen my daughter, she is skinny, long, and lanky. I have been in a dilemma for the past 5 years anytime I buy Kylie pants. This may seem dumb that I care how pants look on my 5 year old child. However, you didn't grow up never wearing pants that fit your body. I hated jeans as a child, because they never ever fit!!! If they fit my waist they were too short, and if they fit the length they were falling off my butt. I watch Kylie running out side or into preschool and grabbing her pants on the way to give a little tug, each time I do I cringe just a little bit. Here has been my dilemma that last couple of years. I have looked at skinny jeans from every store and bought some from everyone too. However, some aren't so skinny, and some still don't have the length. I have found ONE place that fits Kylie perfectly, GAP! However, they are regularly priced at $30 a pair. Ouch for a five year old, right? I decided to just buy her different jeans to save money last year, and I have been horrified all winter. I hated being tall until I was about 18 years old. I refuse to have my daughter grow up with the same stigma. Kylie will be getting Gap skinny jeans for now on. I have still yet to find a great pair of jeans that fits my legs and stays on my butt. I don't know if it will ever happen inless I get them tailored. For now I will settle with Kylie being able to walk around without pulling her jeans up all day long! For those of you saying, just put a belt on..... belts don't fit either!!! If you make extra holes they still look ridiculous on her, and who wants bunchy pants at the top of your waist? So for now, I say thank you GAP for well fitting pants for lanky, long, and skinny little girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Kylie always looks so cute even if her pants might be a little big! I think we are going to have similar problems for Anna except she'll need skinny short length pants. Hers are always falling down too!
You got to do what you got to do. I sometimes feel bad because I spend twice as much on the clothes for Zoe, but it is harder to find decent clothes for little girls. The boys can survive with Target jeans and shirts, Zoe gets the better clothes. I am with you on this one :)
Post a Comment