Friday, August 31, 2007

Fall Line is Coming soon and it sounds so exciting!

Fall is Coming! August 31st, 2007 Good Friday Morning! I’ve been asked several times where my inspiration comes from in designing a line. When I think of fall, I think of warm colors, crisp air, cozy sweaters, back to school and football games. While I was completing the final sketches for the upcoming fall line, I tuned into the national weather report. After hearing the nation would be experiencing an unseasonably warm autumn, I tossed all of my sketches into the trash. Dang weatherman! Hours and hours of sketching down the tubes! What the weatherman didn’t know was that he was forcasting LAYERS new line. Ironically, I will be sending him a thank you note. Even a month from now, with the country still experiencing warm weather who would even think to put on a long sleeve sweater, no matter how cute it is. I’m please to introduce to you our Fall Line: Indian Summer. The colors were inspired by beautiful desert sunsets, rugged red of the mountains, vibrant blues of the skies, the green of a joshua tree, and the browns in the desert sand. This line is all about classic comfort mixing new fabrics: Soft french terry, mixing wovens and knits, drapey modal, excentric trims: crochets, braiding, lace and cozy cottons. This season LAYERS will be introducing three new fabrics to our line. Combining with our current fabrics we now have 5 different blends in various weights. This season consists of several three quarter length sleeve options, flowy chic dresses, fun details such as side pockets and color blocking, coordinating layers and new must haves. The new staple for your wardrobe will become our Classic Bodyshaper, and our Lounge Pant. Recently, I layered a classic with a slip and was unhappy with the lines created under my dress. Let’s face it, after having 3 children, I would love to have a magic wand to erase unsightly bumps, lines and bulges. Ladies, this is our new magic wand. The Bodyshaper is the classic we all love, paired with a body sculpting slip, all one piece, seamless, (this ain’t your grandma’s girdle!)…why didn’t I think of this sooner?! Have you ever gone to the store and found the perfect lounge pants, washed them once and have them come up to your knee? LAYERS new Lounge Pant is the pant to wear everywhere, everyday for everybody, every age. These pants will make your bum a national treasure! I listened to your suggestions and this season we will be adding new Basics to the collection, one of my favorites…the Classic with a lace-trimmed neckline. I’m so excited about showing this new line to you. We will be emailing you a pdf of the new catalog shortly. We anticipate a Pre Launch date of September 15th. And yes, LAYERS biggest annual event: Our September Anniversary SALE will be held September 17th-30th. “Weather” or not you are ready..Fall is on it’s way! Saddle up ladies…it’s gonna be a wild ride!!! Warm Regards, Michelle Boley CEO LAYERS Clothing

1 comment:

Kari said...

OOOHH! Sounds like some really good stuff! Can't wait to see :)